And guess what! We're celebrating 6 years, yes, SIX YEARS, of monthly nature walks (with a break here and there) by the Naked Hermit Crabs at our favourite natural but vulnerable coast! Has it been 6 years? Absolutely. Go check the blog post of our first guided walk at Chek Jawa: First NHC Guided Walk at Chek Jawa Boardwalk, dated 8 September 2007.
|First Chek Jawa Boardwalk outing by NHC in September 2007|
Date: 7 September, 2013 (Saturday)
Time: 9:30 am for 2 hours
Meeting place: Chek Jawa Information Kiosk at Pulau Ubin
Charge: Still free!
If you are new to Chek Jawa, here's what you can expect to see in the mangroves and coastal areas.
- Lots of mudskippers and tree-climbing crabs.
- coastal forests, mangrove trees, fig trees, nipah palms
- mud lobster mounds
- fiddler crabs
- insects such as weaver ants, stink bugs, stick insects, cotton stainer bugs.
- reptiles, i.e. snakes, water monitor lizards, changeable lizards
- birds, such as the Oriental Pied Hornbills, eagles, sharmas, bulbuls, tailor birds, flowerpeckers, sunbirds.
This tour is kid-friendly, so bring your families.
Now for the important bit... how do I sign up? We have an online registration form. Sign up and we will send you a confirmation after that.
For more information on Chek Jawa, Pulau Ubin, how to get there and other useful information, please read this post: http://nakedhermitcrabs.blogspot.sg/2013/01/2013-free-chek-jawa-boardwalk-trips-on.html#.Uh4gK2TMpN2
Or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
See you soon!
|otters (year 2012)|
|on the mangrove boardwalk|
|on the coastal boardwalk|