** UPDATE - registration is closed for April 6th. Sign up for May instead! **
We still have a couple of places left for our monthly free outing to Chek Jawa Boardwalk on 6th April (Saturday).
Do sign up at our online registration site, and we will send you a reply to confirm.
It will be an interesting and educational trip for visitors, young and old alike. We have blog posts written about past trips to give you a better idea of what our Chek Jawa Boardwalk trips are like:
- Mud lobster sighting on first outing in 2013
- Fishes and jellyfishes in Chek Jawa in November
Date: 6th April (Saturday)
Duration: about 2 hours
Meeting place: Chek Jawa Information Kiosk, Pulau Ubin
If you have questions for us, write in to email@example.com
Read more about Chek Jawa and Pulau Ubin, and how to get there and what to see and do on the wildsingapore website.
How To Get There:
1. At Changi Jetty, now called Changi Point Ferry Terminal, (Lorong Bekukong, Changi Village), catch the bumboat to Pulau Ubin.
2. At the Ubin Jetty, you will see many drivers and their taxis (vans) waiting for passengers. Tell the taxi driver to take you to Chek Jawa.
3. You will alight at Punai Hut. Chek Jawa is just a short walk from Punai Hut. Make sure you get the telephone number of the driver so that you can call him/her for the return trip.
4. We will be waiting for you at the Chek Jawa Information Kiosk.
Meeting place: Chek Jawa Information Kiosk
Q: Suitable attire?
A: Comfortable outdoors clothes and walking shoes
Q: What should I bring?
A: Drinking water (important), rain gear. Optional: hat/baseball cap, change of attire, camera, binoculars.
Q: Age restriction?
A: None as long as the participants are prepared to walk 2 km, climb a 6-storey high tower, able to tolerate the hot sun or wet weather, and be responsible for their own well-being during the walk.
Q: How do I recognise the organisers?
A: We will be the ones doing a roll-call at Chek Jawa Information Kiosk. So, as long as you make it to Chek Jawa, you will definitely see us.
Q: What if it rains?
A: This is a rain-or-shine event. The Crabs will be there at Chek Jawa regardless of the weather. Usually we are able to resume the walk once the rain stops. Please come prepared with rainwear. You make your own decision whether to come or not in the event of bad weather.